In this blog, the Sliding Robe Doors team reveal how to make your wardrobe doors slide better.
If you’re finding that your wardrobe doors get stuck or are difficult to move – you’ve come to the right place.
At The Sliding Robe Door Company, not only can we manufacture custom sliding wardrobe doors here in North Brisbane – we give you the best advice to help you maintain and keep your sliding doors in perfect working condition.
How to Look After Your Sliding Wardrobe Doors
If you find your doors aren’t moving freely or keep on getting stuck, here’s some advice on what to do:
- Regularly clean the tracks by wiping them down with a wet cloth.
- It’s also important to vacuum over the track with a nozzle to keep it clear from debris and dirt, because if the rollers, which are made of nylon, are constantly rolling over debris they will wear unevenly and lose their shape.
- Rollers are cheap and easy to replace, but if you can keep them clean and reduce wear and tear, they’ll last longer.
Your sliding doors never come off the track during normal everyday use. As our system consists of bottom rolling doors in a V Groove track, they won’t ever ‘jump off’ the track.
That said, if you have the older tramway style tracks or top rolling doors you will find that you’re more likely to be prone to this issue happening due to the tracks flattening and spreading over time.
Signs It’s Time to Get New Sliding Doors
- Doors are not sliding as freely, even after cleaning – could require repair or new doors depending on the issue.
- Change to internal cabinetry could result in the need for new doors to accommodate better accessibility.
- If you feel things are feeling a bit drab or dated, update the look of the room with new sliding wardrobe doors.
Health & Safety – A Quick Note
For the health and safety of our technicians and clients, we ask that only one (1) person be present for any on site appointments in line with the current social distancing laws. This includes onsite measures and installations.
If there is more than one person at home during the appointed time, we ask that they step into another room for the duration of the appointment. If anyone in the household has been ill in the past 2 weeks, we ask that you contact us to reschedule your appointment.
Our technicians carry anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitiser and have been trained on the best safety practices in relation to preventing the spread of Covid-19.
How Do I Make My Wardrobe Doors Slide Better?
The Sliding Robe Door Company creates custom sliding wardrobe door sets and internals at affordable prices.
Our products, which are made-to-measure by our professional team at our Lawnton factory, come in a range of colours and finishes to suit any style or taste.
We can supply our high-quality products with an instructional video for those who wish to install them on their own, or our experienced team members can take care of the installation for you. We also offer a repair service for damaged doors.